Friday 16 November 2012

Lush Christmas Haul & Review

Hey guys! So despite it only being November you'll have been noticing all the festive lights and cheesy songs appearing all over town which means only one thing, Christmas is coming! In the holiday spirit Lush has just released their Christmas line for this year and I was in store like a shot to grab some goodies after sadly missing it last year. Yes I did have that awkward moment at the counter admitting I didn't need it wrapped as it was all for me and yes I did spend more than the budget I had given myself, but was it worth it? Yes.

Sorry for the blurry image, my lighting was poopy

BubbleBeard Bubble Bar - This is the first thing I spotted walking into the store and not going to lie I was sold just from its appearance, come on it's a glittery moustache on a stick! Don't judge me though I did give it a sniff before buying it and although it wasn't a scent I would normally go for it really is lovely. It's got a very clean scent but I couldn't pinpoint what it was exactly, originally I thought it was a clean scent with an undertone of citrus but upon inspection of the website it actually contains Cedarwood, Sandalwood and Tonka, these ingredients do give it a slightly masculine scent but nothing over powering making this a great product for relaxing bubbly baths. RRP £4.95

Candy Mountain Bubble Bar - Firstly for those who have seen Charlie the Unicorn the name of this made me extremely happy but childishness aside this is a green and pink bubble bar that smells heavenly. It is a very sweet candy smell containing vanilla and candyfloss scents and I was also told by the woman serving me it smells a lot like the Creamy Candy bubble bar from the permanent line so I shall have to look into that! The only thing I will say about this product is although it looks beautiful at first the green does leave your bath a not so appealing colour so be warned. RRP £2.45

Christmas Eve Bubble Bar - I was on the fence about this one if I'm honest as I tend to prefer sweet scents so I brought this one purely to review but the more I smell it the more I love it. It's such a relaxing scent perfect for right before bed hence the name I guess. It contains Jasmine and that's all I can smell in this bubble bar, I'm yet to try this one in a bath but I've heard that the yellow and blue can turn your bath a not so pleasant green. RRP £2.95

Party Popper Bath Bomb - Before I even get started on this I want to say that I'm not 100% if this is a Christmas collection but seeing as its limited edition and it's Christmas time I'm going to say it is. This is the prettiest bath product I brought today in my opinion and it even leaves the bath water a nice colour afterwards (learn from this candy mountain!). It smells like fizzy fruit punch and even contains popping candy. Although it claims to wizz around the bath don't get your hopes up to much it just drifts like any other bath bomb, lovely none the less though. RRP £2.95

Snow Fairy Shower Gel - I normally don't listen to the hype around products to avoid disappointment but holy tubs this is the best smelling shower gel in the world. Ever. It smells like bubble-gum and pear-drops and is pink and glittery in appearance. I honestly don't have a single bad thing to say about this product; the only thing I can think of is that all the glitter in mine was at the bottom though nothing a shake didn't fix. I wish I'd gotten a larger bottle of this it's amazing I'm defiantly going to stock up! RRP £3.50 - £10.25

So that's all I got this time guys although I'm defiantly going to go back and pick up a few more things from this line that I refrained from buying today as well as picking about a million more bottles of snow fairy! What's your favourite thing in Lush's Christmas collection, or did anything really let you down this year? Let me know in the comments section and follow my blog for more Lush reviews.

Love and TubTubs
Alexi

1 comment:

  1. snow fairy is my all time favorite shower gel ! it smells AMAZING

    Liyana ♥
    LiyanasAdvice.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete