Sunday 18 November 2012

Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation Comparison

Hey guys! So recently I've been on the search for a new daily foundation and have heard amazing things about the Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation. So I went down to my local drugstore to pick it up and realized there where two different types, one being marketed as a serum/foundation the other marketed as the regular foundation. Now I hadn't heard anything about the two different kinds so had no idea which one would be better for my skin as the packaging was rather uninformative, so what did I do? Picked both up to review them for you lovely lot!

Left: Healthy Mix Serum. Right: Healthy Mix Regular
So the first thing I'm going to look at about these products is the packaging. At first glance I much preferred the packaging of the serum formula, it has a sleeker looking design with a red lid and what I originally thought was a glass bottle (turns out it's plastic after all, credit where credit's due though it is thick plastic!). However once I started using the products it became apparent that the regular formula had a much more practical design as in addition to the pump at the top it also has a base that moves up the foundation as you use it ensuring you get all the product out. Both products come with a pump, 30ml of product and are both fairly lightweight.

To truly compare these foundations I put the serum formula on the left side of my face and the regular on my right, I applied both with my fingers onto a freshly cleansed and moisturized face and set with a MAC pressed power on a fluffy brush. Both products were very bendable and sank right into the skin and had a dewy finish, the serum formula however was much more of a liquid constancy and felt lighter on the skin. I found both products looked almost identical when I had finished applying them and they gave a very natural finish whilst covering up my redness and freckles. I would recommend using this product with a concealer for any blemishes you have as it didn't do such a great job in covering them however this is a very good medium coverage foundation for everyday use which was exactly what I was looking for.

After a few hours I checked on the foundations and this is where I saw some downsides, the serum formula had settled into the fine lines around my eyes and although that was easy to correct by just re-blending I could see how it could become a pain to have to do on a regular basis. I also found that both foundations had completely vanished on my nose as my nose is very oily so I wouldn't recommend this foundation for people with super oily skin for this reason and it's dewy finish however for people with combination skin as long as you set it well with powder I think you should be fine. I'm not totally convinced by the 16 hour stay claim that is on the front of the bottles however the staying power of these foundations is quite good and they will easily last your average day out.

So over all I'm quite impressed with both these foundations, they're a great daily use products didn't break me out and only retail for apx £10 each so are great value for money. Overall though I have to say the regular healthy mix foundation is the winner for me, it's a lot easier to apply in the mornings as I can just put it on and forget about it for the day. I also feel that due to the packaging design that it's better value for money but maybe that's just me! Have any of you tried the Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation or know of an even better daily foundation let me know in the comments!

Love and TubTubs
Alexi Metal Pirate

2 comments:

  1. Bourjois, not Bonjour.

    Also, one of the best "foundations" i've found
    is Dr Jart BB cream. Absolutely excellent, a
    wee bit pricy but a little goes a long way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeh you're right, I must of been really tierd when I wrote this i'm fixing that now Haha. Can't say i've ever heard of that BB cream i'll have to keep an eye out.
      Alexi x

      Delete